Update: I am now candidate for the list of the Pirate Party Mittelfranken for the state parliament elections in Bavaria, Germany in 2013. At the candidacy election assembly of the Pirate Party Mittelfranken on 13 October 2012, I was elected on place 14 of our election list.
Blog – Twitter – Facebook – About me – Mail – Pirate Party wiki – candidates watch
I’d like to campaign passionately for one year to bring both our aim of a better way of doing politics (more transparency, more democracy/grassroots democracy) as well as our policy aims (in Bavaria in particular: education, and domestic politics/civil rights/human rights) to the people — and into the Bavarian parliament.
Specifically, this means:
- Transparency: On all levels of politics and administration; As member of parliament: self-commitment income and transparency standards; Generally: implementation UN convention against corruption.
- More democracy/grassroots democracy: LiquidFeedback for direct participation of population and Pirate Party basis in decisions.
- Education: Free access: abolition of tuition fees, open educational resources; more individual organization; Democratization: e.g. institutionalized student body.
- Domestic politics/civil rights: Against data retention without suspicion policy; Protecting privacy against secret online search and seizure/government trojan horse; for requirement for identification of police officers.
- Social/human rights: I want to advance the right to secure existence and social participation (with digital participation) for all humans also in Bavaria. Of course including seekers of refuge/asylum. I’m a strong advocate for a peaceful and democratic European unity and for an unconditional basic income guarantee.
Although I like our policy program much longer; actively, I came to the Pirate Party via the Anti-ACTA demonstrations in February. Since then I am involved in many organizational Pirate Party planning meetings in Nuremberg, and in addition to the Anti-ACTA speech I have also held a speech at the Gema-Demo for democracy and transparency within the Gema. Other: SG website Mittelfranken, public viewing of the petitionary committee of the Bundestag to ACTA, LQFB, Twitter, Facebook. Official (and paying) member since May 2012. Before the Pirate Party, I have not been in any other party or party organization.
From 2009 to 2012 I was very active in the student strike/students protest for education and student body politics at the University of Erlangen. Our biggest success was establishing the official assembly of all students at FAU — this fundamental democratic element did not exist at all before. We have also successfully conducted many protests against tuition fees and for more participation, and developed claims. With others, I created the website BayernLeaks which published an important document regarding tuition fee policy. Last year with others from the students protest for education I founded the group Occupy Erlangen, which has conducted many public and open discussions on the Schlossplatz in Erlangen, and in July a big day of action with discussions and workshops (including for an unconditional basic income guarantee), in an alliance with many social groups and university students groups from Erlangen.
I live in Erlangen, am a student, am an idealist for human rights and democracy, and have a part time job in the IT/medical area.
At the candidacy election assembly for Erlangen-Stadt on 29 September 2012 and the candidacy election assembly for Mittelfranken on 13 October 2012, I apply to become a candidate for the Pirate Party for the state parliament of Bavaria.
This work by TheCitizen.de is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.